How much does it cost to sign up?
- The full price is $265.00 for both football and cheer. $100.00 is due at registration and the remaining $165.00 must be paid prior to equipment handout in late July
- There are discounts for siblings that play and there are fundraising options to help lower the overall cost
How old do you have to be to play football and cheer?
- West Volusia Wolves Youth Football and Cheer Association accepts participants from the age of 6 to 15.
What is your refund policy?
- No refunds will be given after August 7th unless reviewed and approved by the Executive Board, and then only in the case of moving out of boundaries, school failure, or medical reasons.
Does the registration fee cover fundraising?
- No. Each team will have fundraisers and there are also fundraisers for the organization. Each child will be given fundraising information from the team mom.
What paperwork do I need to provide?
- Parent Code of Conduct
- Participant Code of Conduct
- Participant and Parent Contract
- Physical Fitness Medical Form
- State-issued birth certificate (only 1 copy needed but original must be verified for new participants to the league)
- Final year-end June report card (must show ALL 4 QUARTERS-FINAL REPORT CARD and be copied front and back – 2 copies)
- Proof of Residence (Drivers License, Utility bill.. etc)
- Wolves Registration Form
- Copy of Insurance Card
When does my child get their equipment?
- You will receive notification of equipment handout. These are normally held at the end of July. All PAPERWORK & PAYMENT must be handed in before equipment will be issued.
What do I need to purchase for my child?
Football players will need to purchase:
- Football cleats
- Practice jersey (Game Jerseys are not to be used for practice)
- Practice pants (Game Pants are not to be used for practice)
- Game socks (None needed, provided by the league)
- Mouth piece
- Water Jug (A small bottle of water will not be enough. The players will be practicing in very hot conditions especially during August. The more water available the better)
Cheerleaders (equipment fitting date to be announced) will need to purchase:
- Briefs (worn under uniforms)
When is practice?
- The 2017 season begins on Tuesday, August 1. Practice is usually held behind the Wes Crile Park . Dwight Hawkins Park will be utilized after Labor Day for teams practicing on Wednesdays or Fridays. Cheer also utilizes VEA (Volusia Elite All-Stars) in Orange City.. (1537 Norbert Terrace, Deltona, FL 32738) Your coach will provide a schedule for the season. Note: Your child must have all required paperwork turned in to take the field.
- Your child should show up for all practices, regardless of the weather, unless they receive a call or email from their team’s coach. There will be practices and games held in the rain
- From August 1st until Labor day, teams can practice 5 days a week or 10 total hours. After Labor Day, total hours are reduced to 6 and generally are spread over 3 days
- Generally a practice lasts 2.5 hours. 2 hours of practice and 30 minutes of scheduled rest/water breaks.
- Tiny Mites will go down to 3 days per week when school starts
What is your attendance policy?
- Three (3) unexcused absences may lead to removal from a team. Please remember that both football and cheer-leading are team sports.
- It is your responsibility to notify the coach in advance if a child must miss a practice.
- Please check with your child’s head coach regarding their expectations and their discipline policy.
What if our family has a vacation planned?
- You must notify your child’s head coach in advance.
- Vacations taken during the season may result in reduced or no playing time in a game due to league rules and regulations.
- Please discuss this with your child’s head coach.
When are the games?
- The first game of the season is normally the 3rd weekend in August. Regular season games will be played each Saturday until the end of October.
- Post-season play begins immediately after the regular season and can continue until the first week of December.
Where are the games?
- Home games are played at Deltona High School (Changes can occur and will be passed down by your Team Mom).
- Away games are played at fields throughout Central Florida. Driving directions will be given out prior to the away games.
When do the cheer competitions take place?
- Cheer competitions begin at the end of football’s regular season
- Regional qualifier will be held in November
- National competition will be held in December at location to be announced.
Does my registration fee cover travel expenses?
- No. Each participant is responsible for any travel costs.
If I have an issue with a coach, player, parent or association official, how should I handle my concern?
- First, be sure to address any concerns in a controlled and respectful manner. If you have team related issues, the first person you should contact is your Team Mom then head coach if not satisfied. Please do so after practice, unless the coach has designated a specific time. If you have an association-related issue, talk to your head coach in the same format and he / she will bring the issue to the attention of the football Director if football related or cheer coordinator for cheer. If not satisfied, the additional Chain of command should be to the Commissioner, then Conference, then Regional and lastly National. If you skip anyone in this chain of command, they will send you back down.
How many employees does West Volusia Wolves have?
- Zero. The West Volusia Wolves organization is 100% run by volunteers
How can I volunteer to help?
Each family is encouraged to volunteer two hours of their time during the season. If you are interested, please contact your child’s coach.
- Team parent
- Field help
- Fundraising activities
- Concession Stand (during home games)
- Chain gang and down markers
- Equipment/uniform handout
- Board opportunities